UX Developer, Smile CDR, 2019-Present
- Built web applications using HL7 FHIR API, Typescript, Angular, SCSS, Material, Clarity and Bootstrap.
- Convinced company to acquire Figma for improved designer-developer collaboration, and Browserstack licenses for UI regression testing
- Implemented white label style guide that's used by 2 projects into an early design system, onboarded dev team to use SASS/SCSS
- Built testing and deployment pipeline on Gitlab with automated unit tests, e2e, linting and a11y testing
- Screening and recruitment of UX talent, onboarded 14-20 team members as company grew from 25-150+
Software Engineer, CapIntel, 2019
- Built reusable UI components with SASS, React, Typescript.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews for user research, led user testing sessions, created integration from Canny, Airtable and JIRA to track feature requests
Support Engineer, ReCollect (remote), 2018
- Tech support for 300 municipal clients and their end users for a white label web app with native Android and Ios products
- Generated metric reports with PostgreSQL, Form integration with SeeClickFix API, GIS data imports with FME Workbench.
- Wrote documentation that onboarded 5 team members
- Bug triage and reproduction on SauceLabs, LogDNA, Pivotal Tracker. Dev environment on Docker, tmux, Vim.
Front End Developer, Mirum, 2016 – 2017
- Built and tested emails on 40 clients and browsers, quality-tested email automation tool
- Compiled WCAG (a11y) checklist
- Attended client briefings for product requirements, refined QA spec for emails
- Git workflow and JIRA ticketing, sitemapping with PowerMapper
App Development Consultant, Trinity Square Video, 2017 – 2018
- Collaborated with 2 developers to research and test different VR libraries. Created a web and mobile app gallery of VR artwork that don’t require a headset to view.
- Launched V/Art Projects on iOS and Android.
- Helped with creating VR art exhibition in a mobile app, provided artists with tech support in adapting their work to EEVO and JanusVR platforms
- Relevant Press: Globe and Mail , Toronto Star
Lecturer, School of Art Institute Chicago, 2013 – 2015
- Taught "Wired I", and "Wired II" (creative coding, glitch art, HTML, CSS, JS, Git, three.js, ProcessingJS)
- Ryerson Continuing Education Computer Science Fundamentals CCPS109, 2020
- Brainstation Web Development Diploma, 2016
- Syracuse University Masters of Fine Art, Art Video, 2010 – 2013
- University of Toronto Mississauga HBA, Communications, Culture, Information Technology, 2006 – 2010
- Sheridan College Diploma in Digital Culture 2006 – 2010
- Sheridan College Diploma in Studio Art 2006 – 2010