UX Developer, Smile CDR, 2019-Present
- Built web applications using HL7 FHIR API, Typescript, Angular, SCSS
- Led design sprints for development of white-label MVP, reduced design iterations from 20 to 3.
- Implemented style guides and enforced design consistency
- Screening and recruitment of UX talent, contributed documentation for onboarding over 8 team members
Software Engineer, CapIntel, 2019
- Built reusable UI components with sass, React, Typescript and ES6 from Zeplin designs. Wrote documentation.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews for user research, tracked user feedback with AirTable, created user personas and tracked feature requests
- Ran user testing sessions on design prototypes, tracked user feedback with AirTable
Support Engineer, ReCollect (remote), 2018
- Tech support for 300 municipalities and their end users
- Generated metric reports with PostgreSQL, Form integration with SeeClickFix API, GIS data imports with FME Workbench.
- Wrote tech documentation that onboarded 5 team members
- Bug triage and reproduction on SauceLabs, LogDNA, Pivotal Tracker. Dev environment on Docker, tmux, vim.
Front End Developer, Mirum, 2016 – 2017
- Built and tested emails on 40 clients and browsers, quality-tested email automation tool
- Wrote documentation for web accessibility (a11y) standards
- Attended client briefings for product requirements, refined QA spec for emails
- Git workflow and JIRA ticketing, sitemapping with PowerMapper
App Development Consultant, Trinity Square Video, 2017 – 2018
- Collaborated with 2 developers to research and test different VR libraries. Created a web and mobile app gallery of VR artwork that don’t require a headset to view.
- Launched V/Art Projects on iOS and Android.
- Helped with creating VR art exhibition in a mobile app, provided artists with tech support in adapting their work to EEVO and JanusVR platforms
- Relevant Press: Globe and Mail , Toronto Star
Lecturer, School of Art Institute Chicago, 2013 – 2015
- Taught "Wired I", and "Wired II" (creative coding, glitch art, HTML, CSS, JS, Git, three.js, ProcessingJS)
- Web Development Diploma, 2016
- Syracuse University Masters of Fine Art, Art Video, 2010 – 2013
- University of Toronto Mississauga HBA, Communications, Culture, Information Technology, 2006 – 2010
- Sheridan College Diploma in Digital Culture 2006 – 2010
- Sheridan College Diploma in Studio Art 2006 – 2010